Monday, February 6, 2012

Tresemme thermal creations straightening gel & max to spend on hair straightener?

Is the tresemme thermal creations gel any good or is the heat tamer spray enough? and how much is max to spend on a good straightener?(i dont want a cheapy dodgy 20 buck 1)Tresemme thermal creations straightening gel %26amp; max to spend on hair straightener?
Alright, I am mixed but I look more white than black, except for my thick, curly, brittle hair. I wash my hair 5-7x a week, and straighten it just as often as that. I have dark brown hair (and that matters because blonde hair is drier and needs more intensive treatments).





Okay, sorry for the rambling, but now that you know about my hair type, you can believe me when I say that stuff is AMAZING. If it works on my horrible hair, it will work for you! Anything from Tresemme is great. You seriously could never tell I was mixed (not that it's a bad thing). I just cannot get over how shiny, soft, and thin my hair is after doing my morning ';hair routine';.





So here's what I do, and I'll get on to about the hair straightener..


I find that my hair looks and feels -MUCH- better if the quality of the water that you shower in is improved. Get a shower head water purifier, they last a year and they really work. I noticed a dramatic difference in texture. Anyhow, I start out by using Aussie 3-Minute Miracle in my hair. It's a very nice coconut scent %26amp; you can feel how silky it makes your hair. I leave that in for about 5 minutes and rinse. You can adjust the times to fit your schedule. Then I wash my hair with Aussie Moist shampoo, rinse, and repeat with Tresemme Anti-Breakage Shampoo (smells sooo good! boyfriend loves). You really want to make sure you work it in.





Then I put loads of Tresemme Antibreakage Conditioner in my hair until its fully saturatured and I leave that on the remainder of my shower. Maybe 15 minutes?





I get out of the shower and apply Tresemme Thermal Creations Straightening Gel and blowdry my hair on hot and cold (alternate every once in a while). You really don't need an expensive blowdryer. My expensive one broke %26amp; I got a $20 Conair one temporarily %26amp; I just haven't seen the need to replace the expensive one. Don't use too much product, less is more. Or you'll get greasy hair and end up hating the product.





Before you straighten your hair, make sure it's COMPLETELY dry. You don't want steam coming from your straightener. I recommend a Solia. It's $80 on Amazon.com and Folica.com, those are the only places you can order. I have had a Chi which costs about $100 and a Sedu, $120 as well as notorious flat irons I bought at drugstores and Wal-Mart leaving me looking like a poodle. Don't buy these, the Sedu broke after 4 months %26amp; it's plates were too big. The Chi started burning my hair after a year and my hair smelt burnt, it also made my friends hair(in good condition) smell burnt. In addition to that it also snags hair. Chi, GHD, Sedu are regaurded as the best straighteners with Solia following it. Maybe they will work fine for you, do some research and decide for yourself. I've included a link at the bottom.





If you don't decide to buy a Solia, go by this:


-get a flat iron with blue plates like the Solia. Gold burns hair ALOT %26amp; is cheap, silver is cheap and doesn't get as hot or work as well.





-get a 1 1/4'; plated iron or thinner. Thicker actually doesn't get your hair straighter quicker. Plus, 1 1/2'; %26amp; up plates are bulky and you can't get as close to the root of the hair.





-get a straighter with adjustable temperatures. The Chi is 400*, Solia can go 230-450 and everywhere between.





-get a ceramic iron with ions.





I STRONGLY advise to get a Solia. A crappy iron will damage your hair to no end. The Solia actually makes my hair much shinier, and flat. And straightens very well! Remember, I am mixed.





Whatever you do, DON'T buy a drugstore brand, or Wal-Mart straightener.





Here is a list of straighteners and reviews.


http://search.folica.com/beauty/straighten%20hair


At least check out that link there are before and after photos people submit and they are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment