Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What kind of hair straightener do you use?

Joico K-Pak Straightening Balm. It straightens and conditions.What kind of hair straightener do you use?
None. I love my naturally curly hair just the way it is. I don't feel a need for a change.What kind of hair straightener do you use?
Organic root stimulant hair relaxer cos it work.
Flat iron it's hip
I use cerarmic straightener, it does not damage your hair as much, and gets really hot for thick hair, it is a little pricy but, it works well, last long, just don't use hair spray or mouse then straighen your hair with cerarmic straightener's cause it ruins the plaiting!
i used the Chi/Wigo for a while but they kept breaking


my sis' still uses it





now i use a curling iron. saves me time b/c i can curl while i straighten %26amp; only use one appliance
I have a hand held straightener, but I find that a good old fashioned iron does the best job straightening my hair. Course I need a friend to help me when I do it.
I use Conair.
conaire i think
wet to straight straighteners
i have got staright hair...how can you get it curled?
i shave my head.
As you can see in my pic my hair is straight, yet is naturally very curly. I can send you a pic of that too if you'd like. To striaghten my hair I use a 1 inch pure cermic (not ceramic coated) but true ceramic flat iron. Ceramic coated irons are sold everywhere and can be purchased for 20-40 bucks, but you will get what you pay for. In the end, the coating will chip away and you will simply be straightening your hair with the metal underneath. Also, ceramic coating does not allow you to striaghten your hair while wet and does not give you the same shine. True Ceramic flat iron will run you anywhere from 80-200 bucks depending on the size. I recommend a 1 inch or 3/4 inch iron as it will really get to your roots as opposed to the bigger irons. I purchased my iron at a Kiosk in a Simon mall. If there are any simon malls near you, then there are girls doing demos right in your mall so go try it for yourself! The Maxiglide is sold at bed bath and beyond for about 80 bucks, and the Chi can be purchased at retailers nationwide. Mine was 99 bucks plus tax and it was worth every scent! Otherwise do a google search for ceramic irons and make sure you don't purchase one that is ceramic coated!





This will last you about a week and you should then wash it and condition it. Sometimes I don't wash it for 10 days and allow my own natural oils (Sebum) to condition my hair. On these days I typically just pull my hair back into a ponytail, beacause it can look too greasy if worn down. But again, do not do this everyday!





DO NOT RELAX your hair. Relaxing is a chemical service that will eventually over dry and over process your beautiful curls. I had to grow mine out, which took years and much hair loss. My mom, after 30 years of relaxing, is now wearing a wig! To this day, my hair is not as long or as thick as it was prior to relaxing.





If you want to wear your hair curly check out Missjessies.com
Chemical Straightening *will* damage your hair and for how expensive it is- it only last's about a day or two anyways. Use a flat iron hair straightener. Good ones are around $400-600 but the ones that are $40-100 work great too. I usually blow dry my hair a straighten out the waves with the straightener. It's still damaging but not as much as the chemical straightening. That and it looks a hell of alot better besides the fact that I do it pretty much every day. Hope this helps.
i use a ceramic.. its the best.. it will iron your hair and keep it looking good.. without damaging it.. but if you live in a hot/humid place try to get an anit-humidity product it helps your hair from getting bumps or even going back to the way it was without washing it
go and get a perm!


it will last longer
Aveda-Hang Straight....works the best that I've found so far
Muster....its the best
Remington Wet to Straight

No comments:

Post a Comment