Wednesday, January 18, 2012

HELP! My hair straighteners have stopped working and I have to use them tomorrow morning!?

I have Andrew Collinge Digital hair straighteners. They have a little blue display which you can change the temperature with, and whilst they are heating up, the display flashes. I always have them on 230 degrees.





Anyway, as I turned them on a few minutes ago, the display didn't flash, it just stayed on, as if the straighteners were already heated. As I tried to straighten my hair, I realized that they weren't hot! I need my straighteners every day, and I need them for school tomorrow (I am off sick today).





I rang my mum and she said that it was probably a loose connection, and if we had to go to great lengths, we would get me some new ones. My mum has straighteners but they aren't very good! I NEED SOME for tomorrow! If it was a loose connection, my dad would be able to fix it, but he doesn't come home from work till 5pm and it is 3pm now. All the shops will be closed by then, so, has anyone got any good straightener brands (available in the UK, thats where I am now) that I could maybe get from high street stores (Argos is good)? I want sorta reviews. We will have to rush out quickly to get them so I need things fast. HELP! My hair straighteners have stopped working and I have to use them tomorrow morning!?
it's not absolutely necessary for you to straighten your hair, despite what you believe.HELP! My hair straighteners have stopped working and I have to use them tomorrow morning!?
You could always use a real iron...I used to do this on the ironing board...it works really well, better than any straightener, the problem with it is it can burn your hair so you have to make sure your hair is completely dry. If it is dried through it will work perfectly!
i betcha it was a mistake that u did. Is it plugged in? is it turned on??? check these sorta things just to make sure. There is no reason that it wouldn't be working. Good luck!
Go with your natural hair texture, why put yourself through all the stress and work of straightening it.
try changing the fuse in the plug
haha, this sounds silly but check if its plugged in.


do it again later... and try to use your moms if it doesnt work.
Well, I had a friend in high school and she straightened her hair and her sisters' hair with a clothes iron and a sock on her hand not to burn herself. Sounds bad I know, but it worked for her really well, so if all else fails, you could do that. Also, you could have tripped the breaker when you plugged it in, so check your breaker box, or if you don't know how to do that, you could plug something else in right there to see if it works, if not, have your dad check the breakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment