Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What's the difference between a hair straightener and a wet/dry straightenener?

so, i would like to straightenener my hair almost everyday because it's very curly and hard to deal with.


my hair gets very dandruffy when i don't wash it one day because i usually wash it everyday and when i wash it, it instantly curls. so i was just wondering how i would be able to straightenen my hair even when it's wet. (:


but i'm not sure if a regular straightener will do the job or if i need one of those ';wet/dry'; straightenener.What's the difference between a hair straightener and a wet/dry straightenener?
You need a wet/dry iron for this. With regular irons, you need to blow dry your hair and then iron it. If you hair gets really tangled, use a straightening conditioner but only from where your neck starts down and a straightening shampoo, a detangler like John Freida's Sheer Blonde Sleek %26amp; Shine Detangler (it doesn't contain any dyes, don't worry) and can be found at drugstores like CVS or Walgreens. Use Straightsexyhair Straightening Balm by Michael O'rourke (silver container, pink and white letters) when your hair is damp. Spray a heat ';blocker'; on your hair like TRESsemme's Heat Tamer Spray so it doesn't harm it as much. Blow dry (when blow drying, blow dry your hair with the blow drier facing down all the time), then iron or use the wet/dry iron. To finish it up, add TIGI's after party lotion (pink bottle) but it sounds like you don't need it because you already have oily hair so just leave it natural from there.


Good luck! (:What's the difference between a hair straightener and a wet/dry straightenener?
When I was 14 I got my first hair straightener and I loved it but the only problem was that I couldn't straighten my hair when it was wet. Regular straighteners can't straighten wet because it will fry hair, cause bad split ends, and isn't god for the straightener. For Christmas two years ago I got a straightener that allows me to straighten it wet. There is certain settings you have to use. I have thick hair and my straightener has 30 levels. I use 15 for damp hair. I also recommend using a hair straightening solution because it helps with heat damage you put in on damp hair and straighten it. I love my straightener it helps my hair when I don't know what to do with it. It also makes my hair soft and I love to run my fingers through it and it protects against humidity so when it is damp but not raining you can straighten it.





Good luck





P.S. My straightener brand is Revlon and at Wal* Mart there is straightening stuff you can get it isn't that expensive either. My straightener was at Wal* Mart and was only about 30 dollars adn that isn't bad and gets good results.
well it sounds like you need a wet to dry straightener,


try one thats really well-known, youll probably have to spend


over $80 depending where you live to find a good wet to dry straightener.


it may fry your hair, but so does every other straightener.


try using some heat protection spray on your hair before you straighten it,


and spray it at least 6 inches away from your head so it doesnt look greasy.





hope this helped!
You can't use a regular hair straightener to straighten hair when it's wet. But a wet/dry hair straightener lets you do it when your hair is wet.
you cant use a regular straightener to straighten while wet... but the wet/dry kills your hair more. just wakeup earlier, let it dry/blowdry, and use the regular...
using a straigtener when yer hair's wet is a BAD idea.


i had a wet to straight... and it fries yer hair BAD.
wet/dry straighteners mean that u can straightner your hair while it is wet, cant do this with regular ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment