Wednesday, January 18, 2012

High end hair straighteners - Chi, GHD, etc..?

I have curly, super unruly hair.. It looks a lot better straightened, but I've gone through a couple straighteners and they didn't work too well. Even with some products in my hair, my hair would like get poofy and un-straight rather quickly...sometimes not even straightening after several glides. They were pretty cheap though, like $20 or less; the last one I got was $35: better but still not too good.



For people with super unruly/dry hair, do you think it would be a worthwhile investment buying an expensive straightener? I was thinking of buying one of those $100 Chis, but I'm not sure how much it would make a difference.High end hair straighteners - Chi, GHD, etc..?
It doesn't really make much of a difference what brand you get when it comes to straighteners. The construction, weight and warranty are what changes from brand to brand. What you should be looking for is a flat iron that has tourmaline. Tourmaline is a precious stone that generates 6 times more negative ions through heating than a regular ceramic iron. The negative ions are very gentle and use far-infared heat. Meaning, it will give your hair the smooth, frizz-free look without any extra damage. Also, look for one that goes up to at least 400 degrees, depending on your hair type. Anything over 400 degrees has potential to seriously damage your hair. Also, try taking smaller sections, starting at your nape/neck area and go slowly from the root to end, this will give you less damage, and a MUCH sleeker look! Also, try to not touch or play with the hair until it is cooled. This is because when you heat up the hair, the cuticle opens and if you play with your hair, it will cause frizziness and then while it cools, the cuticle closes and remains frizzy. So you don't really have to drop $100 on a Chi, just look for tourmaline, great warranty and a high heat! I hope this helps your hair and your wallet!High end hair straighteners - Chi, GHD, etc..?
I love Remington's wet/dry straightner (and its cheap). Works great on thick curly frizzy hair. Its the best.
get a chi. it works really really well,



OR



get one from a salon, they usually have the best kinds, though they are a bit on the expensive side. But they do last a LOONG time
I have a Solano Sapphire Iron, it works great, and my hair is really poofy/curly/thick/frizzy.
I just bought a Chi last week. Get a 2 inch one since your hair is curly and especially if it's thick. The main differences between the cheap $35 ones and a high end straightener is the temperature it reaches and whether it is ceramic. The high end straighteners get significantly hotter which is what you want to get that curl out and to get silky smooth hair. The ceramic inner portion of the straightener also helps to achieve that silky smoothness and helps in evenly distributing the heat which also helps prevent damage somewhat ( the heat itself is significant damage to the hair obviously...). In short...buy a high end straightener! It's a good investment. FOLICA.com has chi's slightly cheaper than stores around where i live. I wish i would have gone to that site before going out to the store and buying my chi
I have really dry, poofy hair, naturally. A while back, I got this:

http://www.target.com/Revlon-Perfect-Pro/a>

And it works PERFECTLY for me - so much, my parents went back and bought another one. What you should do though is for to a hair product place, like Sally's, and but large hair clips - two or three. When you straighten your hair, divide it like most people do horozontally, but also vertically. How my hair is, we had to do divide my hair into six different 'ponytails' and than divide those ponytails into four different layers.

If you don't want to do this every time you shower though, go to a professional salon and ask if they do Straight Balms.
  • no makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment