Monday, January 23, 2012

Why do my hair straighteners make my hair smell?

hiya all


well i got some new hair straighteners for christmas and they are called babyliss total freedom 230 and since i have been using then my hair stinks! its disgusting! my old hair straighteners which were ghd's never used to make my hair smell. its getting to the point now even when i wash my hair it still smells! i have tried using straightening creams and that but still the smell dont go away?? so im just wondering what i could maybee do to stop them from making my hair smell so bad lol!


thanks


sarah xWhy do my hair straighteners make my hair smell?
okay. first u need a heat protecting spray, try the one from tresemme or alberto miracle spray because these products smell nice :)





and u need to set the right temperature on yr hair.


160C is usually for color treated hair, permenantly curl and straighten hair. basically for damaged hair.





180C is for normal hair. dont go over 200C it can be damaging unless yr hair is really2 thick.





and i have a tip to make sure the temperature is not too hot. take a damp tissue (not wet), put it between yr iron and press it for 3 seconds when u already set the temperature (wait until its hot).


a little steam is normal. if the tissue changes its color, that means the temperature its too hot.





hope it works :)Why do my hair straighteners make my hair smell?
Oooooh I don't know why, sounds bad if it makes your hair smell. It's bad to put chemicals on our hair. I know girls tend to do highlights, and I haven't dyed my hair in years... but regarding your question I use to wonder why my friend would always straighten her hair. I've always had straight and she wanted my hair, and I wanted her hair. How about a flat iron,
Make sure your hair is dry is when straightening unless you have a wet to dry straightener. If your straightener has different heat settings maybe try to turn it down a little. Try your straightener on someone elses hair and see if they have the same problem if so maybe your straightener is faulty??????
Ok use a chi because it doesnt burn your thats the resason why your hair smells is cause the straightener is burning your hair... get some straightening spray or just sprya febreeze lol























Best Answer?
it berns your hair! dos the same with mine!
Basically you are frying your hair- heat protection spray may help and smells nice!
those are junk. stick with ghd
Get a t3 they are the best on the market as any really good hairstylist will tell you, the brand isn't as known as the other but trust me they are the best, they have two series one is used on runways oh and about your question the only thing i can think of is that your frying your hair.ALWAYS use a heat protection spray (without alcohol).
I have a really good hair straightener and I got it from clares. If that straightener makes your hair smell I would get a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment