Thursday, January 5, 2012

Can anyone recommend a hair straightener for wavy/curly and very frizzy hair?

Can anyone recommend a hair straightener for wavy/curly and very frizzy hair? I have between wavy and curly hair, and it is very frizzy, I like wearing it straight but I'm having trouble finding a straightener that works well on my hair. I'm willing to spend more money on a straightener but I want to know that it works well. Please let me know where its from and the price please!Can anyone recommend a hair straightener for wavy/curly and very frizzy hair?
I have problems with frizziness too. This is my hair regimen to get rid of it! (If you look at my avataryou鈥檒l see that it really does work!!). Good luck! =)



1. Choose a shampoo or conditioner by looking for the words smoothing, moisturizing or hydrating on the front of the bottle (I use Pantene Pro-V for dry and damaged hair).



2. After washing, towel dry and apply a smoothing or frizz serum (I like John Frieda鈥檚 Frizz Ease鈥ound at most drug stores).



3. Let hair hang dry until it is almost fully dry. When almost dry, finish drying with a blow dryer while using a round boar-bristle brush (work with small areas at a time do not let your hair blow all over the place, otherwise it will just become more unruly).



4. Make sure your hair is completely dry. If there is anymore moisture left it will become frizzy.



5. By using a 1-1/2 inch (or larger) curling iron or a flat iron, you can smooth out any left over frizz.



6. You can also apply a hair wax (like Bumble and Bumble Styling Wax) or pomade (like Got2B Defiant Define Plus Shine Pomade) now.



7. Finish off by using a flexible hair spray (like Finesse鈥檚 Touchable hair spray).



* Get your ends trimmed up at least every 6 weeks.Can anyone recommend a hair straightener for wavy/curly and very frizzy hair?
I cant tell you how many times i have referred girls to the CHI straightening iron. IT IS THE BEST!! i have probably the most frizzy, curly hair ever. The flat iron is pricey, but it makes your hair like silk, and it lasts forever. Just get out of the shower, blow dry your hair w/ a comb attachment, and section your hair, then flat iron it. Your hair will be lookin good!



Good luck.



I wanna help you so if you have any more questions email me: siezzles88@yahoo.com
The Chi. Google it and you should find online stores from which to buy it. Also try Ebay. I bought it at a salon for $120, but it was well worth it. I have a huge mass of frizzy/curly hair and it works wonders.



Make sure you spray some sort of hair protectant product on your hair prior to straightening, or you will end up with a ton of breakage and damage. You can ask your hair stylist for recommendations for your hair type.



Hope this helps! I definitely feel your pain!
I have massively curly frizzy hair, and the best straightener for me is the Chi. Before straightening it, blow dry your hair with an ionic hair dryer using a large, round brush (with the boar bristles), to get out all water -- moisture = frizz. Be sure to use styling products when blow drying and straightening your hair, to protect your hair as well as get the best results. Bath %26amp; Body works actually has a lot of good products. After you straighten your hair, spray it with a hair spray that blocks humidity (it will say on the bottle if it does or not). Hope this helps!
a chi straightener, their products work well also but Ive had luck with the matrix line, try matrix straight/sleek look
Go to a local Sally's Beauty Supply store they have all kinds of flat-irons that have how hot they actually get. I use Gold'N'Hot flat-irons they work really good. Or you can just go to the website and look first online. When you search up the website make sure you type the whole store's name, not just Sally's.
it's a Revlon gold plated straightener and it works really good and it only costs 17 to 18 dollars and it is at Wal-Mart! Hope it works.
Chi straighteners are used in salons and come with a warranty in most cases. I have the same hair-type and it works amazingly well. Most you have to run through your hair 2-3 times to straighten it, but the chi's straighten perfectly with only one pass. They're about 100 dollars, and you can get them at beauty supply stores or online.
I fought my naturally curly hair for almost 30 years! Here's my routine:

1) Don't wash your hair every day. It makes the fuzz worse, and coarse hair doesn't have to be washed daily.

2) Use a cream conditioner formulated for straightening/defrizzin g hair.

3) Use an anti-frizz serum, just a bit. I LOVE Frizz-Eaz. Their new line smells great!

4) The best straightening product I've found yet is RUSK's Str8 lotion. I think it cost about $14. I was able to get it at CVS.

5) Blow dry with an ionic blow dryer. You would NOT believe the difference!! The ionics help combat frizz. Also, use a round ionic hairbrush. Let hair dry naturally for as long as possible--it helps ';set'; the cuticle to prevent frizz.

With this routine, I never have to resort to a straightening iron. If you do, though, get a ceramic one--they're gentler on your hair.

Good luck!
Girl, It seems as though people with wavy curly hair want straight hair all the time. And vice versa. Keep your hair healthy, without straightining it! Because its gonna get curly and wavy again once you wash your hair.. and then you have to straighten more often. DONT get the wet 2 straight straightner though! You could burn your hair.



Try Walgreens

Wal Mart

Target

And ask your hair stylist where you can get one with good quality.



Stay cute, Be positive

x Shopaholiic
I have wavy frizzy hair,the only one that helps me is the chi ceramic hair straightener works fast and perfect costs about $130.00 you can get it at j c penney or a well known salon you'll love it.
Frizz ease products work well for me. You can fin them at Walmart. I use the spray after I get out of the shower and then I put the serum on after that.
I feel ya pain sister... i have the same sort of hair!



Definately get a GHD hair straightener, they are about $170-200 aust ,



Do a search in Yahoo for GHD Hair Straightener and theres loads of places to get em, including eBay. This is the only hair iron that works properly in my hair!



Good Luck Hun : )
if your problem is friz then use a shine spray or a friz control spray and then straighten.. that works well
Well if you are willing to spend money on a straightener like a hot iron then the best brand is chi you can find it at ulta, trade secret, and probably target. they cost from $120-$200 dollars you plug it in and it gets hot and then take a clump of hair and run through it sorry if that doesn't make sense but its hard to explain how to use one I hope this helped

No comments:

Post a Comment