Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hair straighteners! AGHH! I've been researching and I'm completley lost!?

Hey, I'm 15 almost 16 and I have dealt with curly and frizzy hair all my life. I HATE IT WITH A PASSION haha and I was planning on buying a hair straightener. I'm tired of dealing with it, and if I get it straightened permanently, I cant wave my hair or just take a break from it being straight. I've been researching lke crazy trying to find a good hair straightener but everyone recommends different things! GHD, CHI, SEDU, Kiyoseki, and I really dont know which one works the best. I bought a HOT TOOLS straightener from TJ MAXX and it doesnt really straighten my hair, it just makes it puffy! I need a good one that can last long and make my hair pin straight so it looks like everyone elses! what do you guys reccomend?? =) and pleasee help me outt!Hair straighteners! AGHH! I've been researching and I'm completley lost!?
Definitely start off with an ionic hair dryer. This will cut down on dry time and the air is better for the hair shaft. Try using a flat brush while drying. Straightening is rough on the hair. So find a good heat protectant before use. If you have short hair use a small iron, if note larger one might be best. I like the small ones because you can control it better. Have a revlon iron with ceramic plates. But try to use it at least every other day to give your hair a break.


Hope that helps. By the way, try finding a product that will shape your curls without causing frizz. A great one is Loreal curl boosting spray product. Girls would die to have your type of curls so don't try to be like ';everyone else';! God gave you those curls for a reason!


;) bye!Hair straighteners! AGHH! I've been researching and I'm completley lost!?
i used to have the same problem with my hair!!! now i bought the CHI Ceramic Hairstyling Iron With....... Versatile ';all in one'; ergonomic design, is a professional salon model, it creates silky shiny hair almost instantly, it has 30 second heat up and is the best straightener Ive ever used on my hair. Also Ive had it for two years and it still works like a charm. ( these are sorta expensive but its worth it)
have you tried getting a perm ,and instead of using rods,etc, just put the perm solution in your hair,comb it straight,for the entire time, rinse out, put neutralizer in, and comb straight, then use a moisturizing conditioner from frizz ease? it worked on my brother. you will have to do it every 4 months to the hair that grows out,and if you want it curly, use gel, and scruntch
Get a flat iron with steam %26amp; Teeth. The teeth act like a brush and keep your hair untangled and un- frizzified. The steam helps keep the straight straighter for longer and keep your hair looking shiny. The one i have is called the ';Maxius'; from Bed-Bath-And-Beyond. It is Black%26amp;Blue and was around 150 dollars. Trust me, it's worth it.
If you're willing to splurge a bit, I'd say a Maxi-Glide. I have one, and it works wondersss! I'll leave you some links.


The first is what it looks like and comes with(HSN purchase)


and the second link is what it looks like working on hair.(youtube)





You'll love it! Trust me! Because like you I really hate my hair lol
Okay-- well one- your hair will not be pin straight and sleek like everyone elses because of your hair type. It just won''t work sorry..





Next- i would recommend a 'Chi' or 'Nano titanium babyliss'.


Only thing is the Chi may not last a long time. The cords go out alot, and they tend to break alot. I Just got the nano one and its great!! I really like it.





Hope this helps!
My son uses ';Johnson Products gentletreatment No-Lye Conditioning Creme Relaxer Super for Coarse or Resistant Hair';. There's a picture on the box of an African-American woman with straight shoulder length hair. He's always pleased with the results (he's white with 4-5'; long hair). It is available at Sally's for $4.95 in So. Calif. Good luck.
I would totally recommenrd the GHD.I have it %26amp; it straightens my hair faster %26amp; it leaves it straight!





Ive heard that the CHi works but when you drop it a couple of times it doesnt work. But IDK thats what ive heard people say on yahoo answers.
Con air hair straiteners are very good and cheap... but i dont get the small ones I get the big ones because it takes forever to straighten my hair with the small ones..... i have very curly hair too and believe me it works!!!
I have a LOREAL straightner curler combo. The straightner is amazing, it works very well. Igot it at walmart for 60 bucks. I highly recommend it.
Find a straightener with ceramic plates, that will reduce the frizziness.





Check out your local SAlly beauty salon, they should have something
the ION straightener you can get from sally's beauty supply works amazing.
My brother has the curliest hair ever, he uses Chi, it works reeeally good. :D Toni %26amp; Guy (the hair salon he and i go to) uses it too.
you always could get it permanatly straight, and after a few months the chemicals will wear off and you can decide what you like
I have the Bed Head straightener, and I love it. It's perfect. It goes up to 400 degrees.
Get a chi, they're the best if you have black hair.
get a Chi
DONT GET CONAIR. get chi. its expensive but its amazing. i got it from amazon.com.


good luckk!
I have a chi and a superstar, they will both run you about $100 but they work wonderfully! If you don't want to spend that much, look on ebay for some great deals.





I have somewhat frizzy hair because I bleached my hair for 6 years of my life, and the chi also seems to smooth it. I use tresseme shine spray before and after I straighten my hair to make it extra soft. I would go with a chi, and just try looking around for the best deal because they can be kind of pricey but they are very worth it! Expecally in your situation.





Hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment