Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hair straighteners and curly hair?

I've heard that straightening your hair a lot causes heat damage and dryness. Is it especially bad for ppl with curly hair, since our hair tends to be dry and dull a lot? I straighten my hair out occasionally, b/c i like my curly hair. I found out that whenever i did straighten out my hair a few times a week, it would be dry, esp. at my ends. can straightening your hair out too much cause your curls to become wavy/straight? One of my friends would straighten her hair out everyday, and it eventually looked wavy with straight ends, it didn't even look curly anymore ,really. Is that due to heat damage?


i had my hair relaxed and it lasted a yr until it started to become all curly again, but now my hair has a wierd texture. It's like a mix of curls and waves, with straight ends. How can i keep my curls healthy? does olive oil really work?Hair straighteners and curly hair?
it all depends on your shampoo/conditioner, product, and straightener.


as far as shampoo goes use something that is to make your hair straight, repairs damage, or moisturizes it.


product- heat protection spray or a leave-in conditioner.


and hair straightener- chi is the best but they run from $75- 120. but they work super well. but if you aren't prepared to spend that much revlon is good(:Hair straighteners and curly hair?
yes it is due to drying out of the hair follicles. They have a syrum to put on your hair before straightening it to protect it from heat and condition it with a conditioning treatment during the week you straighten it .

No comments:

Post a Comment