Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hair straighteners? GHD or SEDU?

Ok, so I've been researching hair straighteners because the straightener I currently have isn't very good and its broken. Right now i have a iso beauty straightener. Its broken on one of the plates and it still works but it doesn't really straighten my hair that well. The best straighteners that I found were GHD, SEDU, and CHI. I decided against the CHI becasuse a lot of people said they break really easily. Although the GHD is more expensive than the SEDU I'm willing to pay the extra, and plus I found some places that have it for a good deal. I'm still not sure which to get though because i don't want to buy the wrong one. My hair is mixed with black and white and really thick and curly AND FRIZZY! And if you have any ideas of what type of stylers to use with it please add that too.





I'm also looking for a hair dryer so if anyone knows of any good brands please let me know.Hair straighteners? GHD or SEDU?
I'll be very honest...you don't necessarily get what you pay for when it comes to these. As a fellow mixed breed myself, believe me...i've been through it all with my head of hair!


The thing you want to look for is ceramic. I also just got an iron that has ';tourmaline';. It is excellent and gets the hair straight the first time. It is less damaging to the hair and make sure that it has adjustable heat levels. This is because when you straighten right after washing, you want the iron to be HOT! That way, for morning touchups, you can use lower heat so you don't fry your hair!


I like the Gold n' Hot brand. I would generally avoid the brands like Revlon and Conair. They are made to be affordable and won't be as reliable. I'm not sure if you go to a salon, but I would ask what brand they have if you get reallly good results when they do your hair. I go to an african american stylist...because she is used to dealing with curly hair. If you have a Sally's Beauty Supply in your area (or some professional supply shop) you can find really great tools..as well as good product. I ask my stylists all the time how I can do things at home...and she always shows me what she's doing and how to do it at home.


The thing to remember is that after you wash your hair, you blow dry it....but not bone dry. Leave it a tiny, tiny bit damp so that the flat iron has something to steam away. Before I begin flat ironing, I spray some flat iron spray (Beyond the Zone-Turn up the heat..it's in an orange bottle). You don't ever want to flat iron your hair soaking wet or bone dry. I know there is a flat iron out there that can flatten hair as it dries...sorry sister. It only works with straight hair. Curly hair just frizzes up, so don't even think about it.


I start at the back of the head and work my way up front. I generally will only use a little frizz serum on the outer parts of my hair just to calm the hair down. That's it.


If you need help, please feel free to email me...It took me 10 years to figure out a routine to do my hair!! Good luck...Hair straighteners? GHD or SEDU?
GHD is the hottest of straighteners!!! I use them in my salon...They are known as the cadillac of flat irons works well for any type of hair.....But u have to watch out for counterfeit ones that are significantly cheaper...I own 2 a pink one and a black one came with the hot pouches.....automatic shut off and it is also equipped with a moisture sensor!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
I actually recommend the CHI straightener. I do a review on it on my website. If you're interested, go check it out.
GHD really good quick to heat up and you can get some great deals on them and don't break easily
GHD

No comments:

Post a Comment