Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hair Straighteners: Thin Plates versus Wide Plates?

I have super long hair and I have decided to invest in a straightener. As I am in high school, I don't have time to use a straightener that will take forever to use or one that is useless in humid weather. I was planning on getting a hair straightener with wide plates (e.g. 2 1/4 inches) to make straightening my hair easy and less time consuming.





Does the width of the plate reduce the straightening time? Does it make it more difficult with a wider plate? And also please recommend any wide or thin plate straighteners that are good, just not GHD as they are $300 here in Australia.Hair Straighteners: Thin Plates versus Wide Plates?
i have a solia 1 inch flat iron and it is amazing :) i do not know how i lived before it came into my life. i have long hair, half way down my back and it is thick and it gets wavy in the humidity.


i got it at folica.com for around $100 almost 2 years ago (and it still works as good as new)


i'm sure they would ship to Australia, they have a great selection of flat irons at great prices. good luck to you!Hair Straighteners: Thin Plates versus Wide Plates?
I have very difficult hair, so I have a solution. get a Remington Wet2Straight 2 inch ceramic plated straightener. The ceramic doesn't fry your hair, but it locks the moisture in between the two plates, pressing moisture into your hair. And, you can use it right out of the shower, so there won't be any waiting for your hair to dry. I use it on towel-dried hair, to prevent dripping and electrification. I hope you find a good bargain! The best ones to get cost more, but remember, Wet2Straight, not Wet2Dry. Also, get an Iron Cleaner if you can find one. it helps. Good Luck!
there is actually one kind of hair straightener that works really well its called ''kiyoseki''. it makes hair strong against humidity and takes less time to work..plus it has plates through the whole straightener so there is even heat so it wont burn you and different heat adjust settings.


*the plates are one inch thick*
If you have long hair, you want wide plates. I have super curly hair and the thin plate would take forever. A good straightener will cost a bit more. You want ceramic and the more heat the better. (At least for super curly hair).
That's a good question.. I've been wondering the same thing for some time. I have a measly 1'; plate and it takes FOREVER to straighten my hair..
If you want a really good flat iron, then I would invest in a Chi.
Smaller like a 1'; nd a CHI in that size it about 120 nd wi=orks great!
i thinkl you schould get the thin ones they are way better

No comments:

Post a Comment