Thursday, January 5, 2012

How do I get the burnt hair smell to go away after I use my hair straightener?

First check your heat settings like everyone has already said, but then you need to use some sort of heat activated protectant like KMS Flat Out Hot Pressed Spray before you straighten, and afterwards I always smooth Tigi bed head Afterparty on all over it just takes a little bit but it smoothes any flyaways and gives a nice shine as well as a great scent. Everyone always what shampoo i use because they love the way it makes my hair smell! Good luck I hope that helps.How do I get the burnt hair smell to go away after I use my hair straightener?
your heat is up to high. You need to turn it down, it shouldnt leave that burtn hair smell. There are also different straightening sprays that help to straighten your hair and leavea god smell. I would turn the straightner down thoughHow do I get the burnt hair smell to go away after I use my hair straightener?
Do you mean perm hair smell? It shouldn't smell like burnt hair. It should take a couple of days of shampooing and conditioner but after that the smell should go away. Using a daily conditioner after shampooing should do it.
I had the exact same problem!!!


Firstly, they are too hot. Switch the heat down.


then...


Wash your hair in nice smelling conditioner, and use defence spray. The smell will be no more. good luck
If it stays there for a while, i usually just spray a TINY bit of deoderant, not on my head.. but around my head.. that usually helps me.
Redkin glass. it smooths, makes it shine and guards against odors. It's light weight so it shouldn't ruin your 'do. and like everyone is saying, turn the heat down, and try a heat protector. I have tried ';ion heat protection, staightening iron spray'; if found it to be a little to oily for me. Got 2b hot smooth flat iron %26amp; blow dry lotion and Paul Mitchell's heat defense. the paul mitchell worked best for me. I have curly thin fine hair. it wasn't heavy or greasy.
Anything burning or smelling burnt is not good. Generally you don't need to have it on the highest setting, or have the death grip on it, or leave it in the same spot for too long. I read a tip from Cosmo--test your straightener on a tissue and if the heat turn it yellow or brownish then it is too hot for your hair. Also, try using products especially for heat-styling before straightening your hair. If you still have that burnt smell then either spray perfume around your hair, not directly in it, or use a little bit of good-smelling hairspray (Victoria's Secret has some that I really like)
Fabreeze. Oh and it's not just the straightener that smells burnt, it's your hair. Loosen up on your grip, and count to 5 not 500.
Well you should prevent that before you do it! Or you are going to burn your hair off!!! But make sure your hair is dry before you straighten it %26amp; make sure your hair iron is only on about the middle setting, there really isn't a need for it to be turned all the way up, all it does is burn your hair. But you can go to the store %26amp; get (i think Frizz Ease Makes it) Straight Serium, it protects your hair when you straighten it this way it doesn't burn off when you do it. Trust me been there done that!!!
Are you putting something on your hair before you straighten it? That could be the problem. Try Frizz serum

No comments:

Post a Comment