Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Best hair straighteners for thick, wavy hair?

I want to get a hair straightener, but I don't know which one to get because there are a lot out there, and I don't know which ones are good and which ones aren't. And whenever I try to straighten my hair with my crappy hair straightener, and it can only straighten the bottom half of my hair but not the top half, and it also drys my hair out. So I want to get a hair straightener that doesn't dry it out, and actually straigtens my hair. And my budget is around 30 dollars, so it's doesn't have to be GREAT but but it just has to work. And I live in Canada so I don't have some of the same shops that the people have in the U.S. and please don't send me websites because I can't buy stuff online. And if you can, please also tell me some gel, cream, whatever in my hair so it can be shiny and not dry out and get all frizzy when I straighten it. Thnx %26lt;3Best hair straighteners for thick, wavy hair?
Hi, I have the same problem. There is a product you can get at a stylist. Made by Paul Mitchell called ';super skinny serum';. if you put about a quarter sized amount on your hair when it's still wet after you get out of the shower it will work alot better. Next, get your hair thinned by your stylist. I was told the best straighteners have to heat up to at least 400 degrees and have a ceramic plate. Beyond that.. just go shopping and stick to those requirements. I bought a great one here in the U.S... but I am sure you will find one up there! Have fun... and happy hair day!Best hair straighteners for thick, wavy hair?
Ok.. first of all there are very expensive flat irons out there, that work amazing but there are alot of flat irons that are good enough. I would suggest, finding one that has ceramic plates (make sure they are solid ceramic not just ceramic coated), second you want one that has multiple settings (this way you can control the heat, so you don't add more damage to your hair). Also, using good products will help getting your hair smoother, I would suggest Super Skinny by Paul Mitchell


Good luck... I hope this helped
i imagine that my hair is thicker and wavier, so my suggestion might help





i purchased one on amazon. a conair curved straightener. although they have more than the curved ones. they also sell them at walgreens/cvs/walmart etc. anyway, it makes my hair BONE STRAIGHT. i used to get relaxers, but this makes my hair straighter so i no longer get them. and it works on the whole strand of hair. it cost like $17.
I don't know what the conversion rate is between here and where you are, but gee, 30 dollars?!! Gosh, I don't know if there's much out there! (I have curly hair too) :-)
use the CHI straightener. i have it, and it's so nice. you like run it thru ur hair once and it gets totally straight easily. i saw it at target fore like 130 bucks. good deal. and it's got ceramic plates, which won't pull out hairs and it runs thru the hair really smoothly. it has high heat settings so it gets even really curly hair straight
the best straightener ive ever tried was a corioliss i have two now its awsome cuz it holds moisture in ur hair and makes it very flowy and soft compared to all the other straighteners ive tried it felt AMAZING on my hair


i have a lot of pretty curly thick hair so if it can do that to my hair im sure it can do it to urs
okay well my hair is a lot like yours. after going through about 4 straighteners that either broke or just didn't work, i found the perfect one. the brand is called coriolis. This straightner is AMAZING. it can also be used as a curling iron as well. google the brand and im sure you can buy it online easily. the only downfall is that it is pretty expensive. but it really is worth every penny.





%26amp;%26amp; dont forget to protect your hair before you straighten it by using either a spray or cream. these products protect your hair from the intense amount of heat given off. i personally love the protectant spray finesse offers. it smells fabulous and leaves hair silky smooth.


good luckk =]
my hair is about the same as urs hella curly an frizzy!! i bought a str8ner that makes it look really shiny! an flat!! its the perfect str8ner its called porcelain ceramic! it costed meh about 45 dollars an comes with a str8ing creme that protects your hair from getting damegd!! it creates smooth silky hair!!! it heats up to 446 degrees!! try it you will be happy with the results!! promise!!
herstyler or t3!


great straighteners but sorta expensive.


at most $200. i had them both though and theyre great.


t3 has a 2 yr warranty and mine lasted about 3-4 yrs after dropping it and all that. im using the herstyler right now though and i love it.
i would go to a beauty supply store and ask them what is best for you hair type

No comments:

Post a Comment