Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Okay, I already asked about hair straighteners..now...?

Wanna know,what is the best one to buy and why? (brands and or whatever you can share with me!)and how much do they go for ,generally? All of you got me to thinking..(well, actually I was kind of curious before! LOL! But, I might like to have one..if it will help get rid of the frizzies on the lower end of my long hair!!!)





Thanks!Okay, I already asked about hair straighteners..now...?
well i dont know about which hair straightener is the best, but if you go too a beauty store they have silk serums you can buy....put it on your tips and it will smooth them outOkay, I already asked about hair straighteners..now...?
ceramic irons are better for your hair, it doesn't burn it as much and i read something about it sealing the moisture in your hair, so it doesnt' dry out and get all gross fast.





i really like chi's, i have one right now and it works really good. my friend has a hai and she said that one's really good for her. those start at around $100 depending on which one you buy.





check out folica.com :) that's where i bought my chi from
If you have very fine hair, heavily dyed hair or light blonde hair, it's best to buy a straightener with tourmaline or ceramic plates. These both allow a more even distribution of heat, and tend to be a smoother surface for your hair to glide across. Steer clear of titanium because it's harsher on fine, coloured or blonde hair.


Look for one with adjustable heat settings, not just one heat setting, as the high heat may be too hot for your hair.





Just a tip - to avoid frying your hair too much, if a strand of hair needs going over twice, wait for the strand to cool completely before you re-do it with the iron.





Make sure your hair is completely dry before you start to iron.


Always use a heat protection or smoothing serum; not the sprays as they tend to evaporate and leave your hair frazzled (as does any moisture if you leave your hair wet).





Even though they are more expensive, straighteners over about the $80 mark tend to be of better quality, but you can often pick up a cheapie which does the job equally as well - make sure you get a recommendation before you buy though.





Hope these tips help. =)


Good luck!
the con-air ceramic technology works like magic with any type of hair
Make sure that you get a ceramic one. I haven't found a difference between the ones that cost well over a hundred dollars and the ones that are between $20 and $40, so I would spend a ton of money on one. Be sure to use a product on your hair that is specifically for straightening it before you subject your hair to the heat. Also use a serum or a wax based product to smooth the ends when you're done. One more thing, narrow straighteners are better than wide ones because you can get closer to the roots of your hair, and you can get the shorter hairs along your hair line.
I love love love my CHI. I bought it on sale for $80, but they generally go for $100 or more. Totally worth it if you have crazy curly hair like me. If you don't, you can get away with a cheaper iron.
Hot Tools Professional Model 1190 is what I use. A hairdresser recommended it to me because the ones you can buy at drugstores (like Conair brand) weren't working well.





If your hair is only a little frizzy or slightly wavy maybe the drugstore ones would work well for you.





I thought i spend $30-$40 but that was a few years ago... I googled it and found it for $15-20 on some websites. Amazon has it for $20. Maybe it's gone down in price because Hot Tools has come out with nicer models... I'm not sure.
I have heard very good things about the brand CHI and ceramic does seem better. If you want a good straightener you will probably be looking at about 100 dollars or so.
if you are looking for the best, id say chi. jcpennys has a sale 142.00 plus 25 % off...127. and some change after tax. some come with silk serum. but for the first time user i would say get one with a temp gauge so you dont burn your hair. yes it will help with the frizzies, if you go cheaper, use a heat protector spray or serum, if serum, dont put alot on..it can make your hair very greasy and weigh it down.
conair ceramic

No comments:

Post a Comment