Monday, January 23, 2012

Will my GHD hair straighteners not work in the USA? Please help!?

I want to take my GHD hair straighteners for my holiday to the USA, they say it runs at 50 Watts 220-240 voltage. I found a Voltage Converter that goes up to 100 Watts however I found this information:





';It has been brought to our attention that the wattage displayed on some hair straighteners and similar products is not the highest wattage used by them. Due to a number of returned voltage converters with alledged faults we have investigated the above error and found the information below.





We have found that some of the leading straighteners heat up quickly by drawing an initial higher wattage (around 200 watts). This will then in turn blow both our 45 and 100 watt converters even though the straighteners display a 35 or 70 watt rating.';





So would I not be able to use them then??





Would they blow up?





Or would they work but not be as hot?





These are the best hair straighteners I've ever used and don't want to get a different one that isn't as good, I need these! lol





Thanks a lot!Will my GHD hair straighteners not work in the USA? Please help!?
I doubt they will blow up because that is only a fault in a few straighteners and if you havent had any problems here they should be fine, but itll probably be best to check with an electric shop or somewhere that sells them!


If your straighteners are the new style GHDs (you can tell if they beep when you turn them on) then they should work fine in the USA. I was in New York in the summer and they worked fine.


Have fun on your holiday!Will my GHD hair straighteners not work in the USA? Please help!?
I went to Florida at Christmas and I took my GHD straightners, they're the new stylers (i think thats what they're called) and they worked absolutley fine!





Hope this helps...
yes they're going to blow up in your face. And then you won't even need them coz you won't have any hair.
  • no makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment